Team Leader of Architecture Development Team,
RIKEN Advanced Institute for Computational Science.
7-1-26, Minatojima-minami-machi, Chuo-ku, Kobe, Hyogo, 650-0047, Japan
Center for Computational Sciences, University of Tsukuba
Tennou-dai 1-1-1, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8577 Japan
- Parallel Computing
- OpenMP compiler and programming
- Performance Evaluation and Benchmarking of parallel systems
- PC/WS clusters and its programming
- Grid and P2P Computing
- Optimizing Compiler
- Parallel computer architectures
- Low-power cluster and power-aware computing
Mitsuhisa Sato received the M.S. degree and the Ph.D. degree in
information science from the University of Tokyo in 1984 and 1990.
- a researcher on computer architecture at Quantum Magneto Flux
Logic Project at Research Development Corporation of Japan (JRDC) from
1986 to 1990.
- a senior researcher at Electrotechnical Laboratory, working on the EM-X multiprocessor project, from 1991 to 1996.
- a chief of Parallel and distributed system performance laboratory in
Real World Computing Partnership, Japan, from 1996 to 2001. He was a
leader of Omni OpenMP Compiler Project, which develops a free and
portable OpenMP compiler for SMPs and clusters.
- Currently, he is a professor of Institute of Information Science and
Electronics, University of Tsukuba. He is also a director of Center for
Computational Physics, University of Tsukuba.
- a member of IEEE CS.
- a member of program committee of ACM International Conference on
Supercomputing (ICS) '92, '93, '95.
- a member of program committee of International Conference on Parallel
Architecture and compilation technique(PACT) '97.
- a publicity chair of International Conference on Parallel
Architecture and compilation technique(PACT)'98,'99.
- a member of program committee of The Third International Symposium
on computing in object-oriented parallel environments (ISCOPE) '99.
- a member of program committee of COOL-chips (An international
Symposium on Low-power and High-speed chips) 1999, 2000.
- a co-chair of organizing committee of International Workshop on
OpenMP: experience and implementation 2000.
- a member of program committee of HPC Asia 2000, 2001.
- a member of program committee of The Third European Workshop on
OpenMP (EWOMP 2001).
- a member of program committee of The Workshop on OpenMP Applications
and Tools (WOMPAT 2001).
- a member of Editorial Board of "Parallel Computing" published by
Elsevier Science since 2000.
- a chair of organizing committee of International Workshop on
OpenMP: experience and implementation 2003.
- a member of program committee of WOMPAT 2004.
- a member of program committee of GP2P 2004.
- a member of program committee of HCW 2004.
- a program chair of HPC Asia 2004 (Tokyo).
- a board member of Compunity (OpenMP users group)
Japanese domestic activity
- a member of IPSJ (the Information Processing Society of Japan) and
JSIAM (the Japan Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics).
- a chair of the special interest group on HPC (SIGHPC) in IPSJ,
Japan from 1997 to 2001.
- a member of program committee and executive committee of Joint
Symposium on Parallel Processing (JSPP), since 1994.
- a vice organizing chair of SACSIS 2004.
- a vice chair of Japan Grid Consortium since 2003.
- a board member of PC cluster Consortium since 2001.
Since April 2001, I am teaching in the University of Tsukuba.
- a course on "programming language processing" teaching
compiler and interpreter techniques for undergraduate students.
- a course on "programming" teaching basic programming in C for
- a course on "assembly programming" teaching basic assembly programming for
- a course on "programming environment" teaching
Object-oriented design, distributed computing in Java, OpenMP
and MPI for graduate students.
- a course on "parallel and distributed programming" teaching
parallel and distributed computing and programmning such as
OpenMP and MPI, Grid, Clusters for graduate students.